Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Week 66

L - Last Sunrise of 2010 - We headed to the mountains after Christmas for the first time in summer and were lucky enough to stay up on the mountain for a couple of nights. By chance, I woke up needing a glass of water and got up to see a beautiful subdued sunrise. The last for the year.

R - We went to a Mad Men themed New Year's Eve party in the Lower East Side, it was lots of fun but I didn't take many pictures. I snapped this just before we left to catch the train, it's a long ride home at 3 in the morning! There are so many graffiti covered bathrooms in NYC, I love this one with the brick and the effect that the urinal is in an alley. I struggled to choose between this photo and one I snapped where we had to change trains on the way home. The subway was a bit of a hot mess, I might have also nearly got in a wee bit of a scuffle because I also took a photo of some kid throwing up on the tracks while his friend held his hair back. His friends however didn't seem my artistic vision and made me delete it. I wish I had my SLR and not the point and shoot because the flash went off and everyone looked my way. It was really amusing you'd have laughed!

No comments:

Post a Comment