Monday, April 16, 2012

Weeks 121 - 130 *mega catch up*

Week 121

L -  65 Years - We had a family gathering for Shane's grandparents who have been married for 65years! WOWEE. They are still happy and she even sat on his lap for a photo...fun. Congrats to Vern and Joan!


R - On the tracks - Went out for dinner at Roberta's this weekend and discovered all sorts of goodies on the tracks of the L train at Morgan Ave. Random!







Week 122
L - Happy Beer Day....ooops I mean Australia Day! Beers ready, BBQ sizzling, sun shining! Pretty much sums up Australia Day! Although I am not an Australian I do happily partake in a day off to enjoy all of the above!

R - Half Dozen - As you know, we have been following a slow carb/low GI diet = eggs, beans, meat, veggies. I'm totally sick of eating egg/white based breakfasts but everytime I prepare the whites I feel sad that most of the sunshine of the yolks is tossed in the bin. So, I wanted to capture their glory for the blog and had a tough time choosing which photo to use but decided the symmetry of this photo worked the best.



Week 123
L - Grass Level - These little floaty seed things were all over our garden last week. A combination of hot weather and high winds I guess. I ran around like a lunatic trying to catch one of these in flight but they were just too fast. So I got down to their level..!

R - Half Dozen - As you know, we have been following a slow carb/low GI diet = eggs, beans, meat, veggies. I'm totally sick of eating egg/white based breakfasts but every time I prepare the whites I feel sad that most of the sunshine of the yolks is tossed in the bin. So, I wanted to capture their glory for the blog and had a tough time choosing which photo to use but decided the symmetry of this photo worked the best.



Week 124
L - The Tropics in my backyard - How is this little guy in my back garden feasting on our fig tree! It really never gets old for me - coming from the land of dull animals - that these colourful birdies hang around in the suburbs of Melbourne. They are Rainbow Lorikeets and I love them, even though they chirp annoyingly in massive groups first thing in the morning. Feast away on those figs little friend.

R - Fresh Corduroy - I took this on my phone so not the best quality....but, I've never snowboarded over so much fresh corduroy that I had to take a photo, there was still come cord late into the afternoon, I was definitely happy to have planned this midweek trip to Mount Snow.



Week 125
L - Melbourne Underground - This photo is a snippet from perhaps the best thing I have had the pleasure of seeing this year. Yep, you read that correctly! I visited one of the coolest spaces in Melbourne this weekend, Melbourne Project Underground. A very normal office building sits above this artistic treat, over 60 graffiti artists both local and international were asked to come and get creative with their spray cans in the building owner's 3 story basement car park. All I can say is that it's both inspired and amazing. I am a HUGE graffiti art fan so this was heaven for me. I had high expectations and I was not disappointed. This is one of my faves of the day. Amazing.

R - Thank You Mood - My friend Kylie was in town with her Mood gift certificate, we decided to choose some jersey material for Kylie to make us some American Apparel circle scarf rip offs for next winter at a quarter of the price. We got this black and white and a fun neon stripe.



Week 126
L - Backstreet Crates - My photo for this week did not come out the way I wanted it and I am using a pic from the previous week. Anyway, with all the amazing graffiti it missed the cut but I just love all the texture and general grime. So it made the cut! This was a random laneway in South Melbourne. The crates provide the pop of colour needed to brighten up an otherwise drab backstreet.

R - Spring Sunrise - the clocks have gone forward so it's a little dark in the morning but there was an amazing sunrise on monday and looking out my bedroom window I was reminded of Mary Poppins and all the chimney sweeps dancing on the rooftops! chim-chim-iney chim-chiminey chim chim cher-oooo.....



Week 127
L - G'Day Mate - We had a 'family' day the other week at a country park and I was making friends with the Kangaroos. I really LOVE me some Australian animals! "G'day mate!!"

R - Remember me? Look I'm all grown up!



Week 128
L - New Goodies - So I had a great day on Saturday buying all sorts of new goodies for the house! I have been coveting a Hans Wegner Plank Chair (repro) for a while now and decided to buy one for this empty nook in my living room. The cushion was also an indulgence, but it is from my ALL time fave designer/shopspacecraft. When I went to the store I met Stewart Russell in person and was kinda star struck. I had a wonderfully informative chat with him about all things screen printing and he has even told me that I would be most welcome to visit his studio to see how things are done. I mean WHAT!!! That is the most awesome thing ever. I also stopped in to my fave beauty product store Aesop for some new products! YUM!

R - Sunrise in Scotland - a sudden trip home :( but a beautiful sunrise through the bathroom window, I seriously didn't touch the colours!



Week 129
L - Cosy Power Cut Candles - Whilst settling in for a night on the sofa with a beverage and some crappy TV - the brewing storm hit and a lightning strike took out all the power! Just as well I like candles and have them everywhere! Very useful at times like this!

R - Beware of the dog! We were up in DC for the weekend and I spotted this in an alley, SCARY!



Week 130
L - I need a dollar - Preppin for NYC! Gots me some $$$ all ready for some shopping! Yeeha!

R - Arapahoe Basin - View from the chair heading up to the top of the A-Basin = 13,050 ft or 3977m = HIGH! 








No comments:

Post a Comment